|Location: Bristol, Bristol, England||Salary: £450 - £500 per day|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Matt Scott||Job Published: 19 days ago|
Systems Engineer needed for a multinational, world renowned Defence and Aerospace organisation based in Bristol who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Systems Engineer on a 9-month contract.
The successful candidate will be a key part of the team with a primary responsibility for delivery of Systems Engineering deliverables on a number of key projects. This role will require you to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams in both Engineering and other disciplines and with our colleagues across the world to develop and deliver a high quality technical solution to cost and schedule targets.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Systems Engineer will include:
- Development and improvement of requirement specifications with cross-functional teams;
- Development of solutions using techniques such as Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and Trade Studies;
- Supporting the development of a plan and associated artefacts to perform Integration, Test, Evaluation and Acceptance (ITEA) activities;
- Managing technical baselines (e.g. requirements, performance measures, solution) including configuration and change control, working with parties from across the global Boeing Enterprise;
- Development of systems engineering artefacts (e.g. management plans, schedules, reports);
- Leading or supporting technical management and governance tasks (metrics, reporting, team tasking, risk/issue/opportunity management);
- Collaboration with and reporting to Customer representatives; and
- The tailoring and application of engineering initiatives, best practices and quality processes; and contributing to Continuous Improvement;
What experience you need to be the successful Systems Engineer:
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 8 years Systems Engineering experience or equivalent and skills/experience as follows:
- Applied experience across some or all elements of the Systems Engineering: requirements management; interface management; system architectures; MBSE; integration of specialties; Verification and Validation; technical, governance and change management;
- Experience in the usage of DOORS and MBSE tools such as CAMEO or Enterprise Architect;
- Ability to collaborate effectively with geographically dispersed and diverse teams;
- Good IT skills; and
- Excellent Customer Facing Skills.
- Experience in some of the following areas: C4ISTAR, Air Platforms, Mission Systems, Communications Systems and Networks, Training Systems and Training Related Technology.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.