|Location: Buckinghamshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: William Church||Job Published: 28 days ago|
Systems Engineer needed for one of the world's leading Defence/Electronics organisations based in Middlesex. Our client is looking to employ an experienced Systems Engineer at Principal level that possesses in-depth knowledge of the full Systems Engineering lifecycle, experience with Systems Integration, V & V and ideally a background in the defence, maritime or aerospace arenas.
The successful Systems Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* 25 day's holiday with the option to buy 5 extra + Bank Holidays
* Non-contractual annual bonus based on company performance
* Pension Plan
* Career Progression
* Private Health Care
* Dental Care
* And many more!
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Systems Engineer will include:
* Produce, analyse and assess user requirements documentation
* Writing the project System Requirements Specifications;
* Recording and developing the System architecture;
* Developing and recording the systems design through System Design Specifications and Interface
* Defining the system's sub-systems and their requirements including hardware and software;
* Developing and frequently refining the system acceptance strategy, and verification method for each system requirement (incl. Acceptance Management Plan);
* Ensuring the specification, design and acceptance are fully traceable;
* Leading with system testing;
* Deriving, defining and documenting testing:
* Conducting integration testing;
* Conducting system testing (informal and formal);
What you need to be the successful Systems Engineer:
In order to be the successful Systems Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Awareness of Systems Engineering best practices and common pitfalls.
* Knowledge of Systems Engineering methodologies, processes and tools
* Appreciation of electrical, electronic and mechanical engineering.
* Understanding of the Systems Engineering lifecycles.
* Awareness of legislative arena from an engineering perspective
* Experience with MS Windows, MS Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
* Awareness and experience of Electo-optic Systems, Navigation and Data Distribution Systems
* Understanding of fundamental project management practices (e.g. Planning estimating, risk management et al).
* Awareness of fundamental commercial and financial issues
* Understanding of other electronic systems used in the defence industry (e.g. Radar, communication, weapon, fire control, decoy, surveillance).
* Knowledge of the operational and organisation structure of the UK or similar armed forces, especially Naval.
* Experience with DOORS, Bugzilla/Jira, Windchill & IFS
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!