|Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Bradley Lamb|
Permanent -Junior to Principle
Defence / Maritime
Systems Engineer required for a globally recognised defence company who are based in Portsmouth. My client is looking for multiple Systems Engineer ranging from Junior to Principle level .
Key Experience and Knowledge needed for Systems Engineer:
- Day-to-day leadership and management of engineering and technical teams to deliver integrated engineering outputs to contracted time, cost and quality that meet the customer's requirements
- Collaboration with Resource Management as required to assign relevant technical work tasks to suitably qualified and experienced personnel
- Ensuring a consistent approach to the integration of engineering outputs across all platform tasks
- Ensuring consistency of technical processes, methods and tools for the delivery stream ensuring a coherent integration of engineering activity to meet customer requirements
- Effective capture and analysis of customer requirements
- Coordination of bids and estimates, generation of technical/solution strategies (e.g. Evaluation & Test Strategy), Technical Delivery Plans and work breakdown structures to support project cost plans and bids
- Production of appropriate Technical Assurance plans and ensuring adherence throughout the project lifecycle
- Identification of project technical risks and assisting the Project Manager with the management of them
- Compliance with business processes and ensuring engineering governance is robust and sound.
Key Capabilities and Knowledge for Systems Engineer:
- A good working knowledge of general Systems Engineering principles
- Excellent people management and communication skills
- Technical experience leading multidisciplinary teams in diverse delivery projects across the full engineering lifecycle
- Ability to generate technical solutions
- Ability to make sound judgements on integrated solutions
- Sound knowledge of technical governance.
Dependent on the role, knowledge of, and experience in one or more of the following areas is beneficial:
- Radar systems - hardware and software elements
- Radio frequency transmission systems
- Sonar systems and underwater acoustics
- Electromagnetic measurement systems
- Underwater and/or littoral environments.
To apply for this exciting 6-month contract opportunity for a Systems Engineer please press 'apply now'.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.