|Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire||Salary: £28000 - £33000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
My Client is looking for an Enviromental Test Engineer to join them at their Ampthill site. As the company looks to grow its UK business over the next five years, it sees new opportunities to partner with the UK government to meet the country's global defence and security needs.
Week 1 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri 8.30am - 4.00pm
Week 2 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri Day off
Lunch break 30 mins each day
My client has become known as a leading UK defence engineering company, delivering on a broad range of contracts for the MoD, prime contractors across the wider UK market and international defence ministries.
Specific Job Description
My client is seeking a system integration and test engineer with experience in conducting integration testing and fault finding on complex systems and sub-systems across thier armoured fighting vehicle and battlespace programmes. The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience in planning and conducting integration tests involving software and electro-mechanical components and the use of simulators and emulators to verify equipment functionality and interface verification.
The successful candidate's responsibilities include:
- Conduct of integration and test activities in accordance with the Test, Evaluation and Acceptance Plan (TEAP)
- Regular reporting to the Integration lead
- Generation of integration plans, test cases procedures and reports
- Conducting system integration and system verification testing at LRU and system platform level
- Conducting and reporting on root cause and fault finding investigations at LRU, sub-system and system level
- Conducting and reporting on design proving and verification test on systems
- Support to and participation in qualification and verification trials
- Working within a multi-disciplinary engineering team to deliver integration and test activities systems to tight deadlines
- Experience of requirements-based integration and verification of complex software and/or electro-mechanical systems
- Ability to use innovation and traditional methods to develop technical solutions to both simple and more complex problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of creating test plans, test cases, test procedures and test reports for system integration and/or system verification testing
- Knowledge and practical experience of any of the following:
- CAN or MilCAN data bus technologies
- IP networks
- Software scripting
- Electronic and electrical fault finding
- Root cause investigation
- Design of breakout cables and boxes
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC)
Click apply now to be considered!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.