|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Defence, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Charlie Ringer|
System Safety Engineer.
Initial 6 month contract with the likelihood of extension
This is a great opportunity for an experienced System Safety Engineer to work with a huge Defence organisation in the UK. The projects here are challenging, interesting and amongst the biggest in the UK Defence sector right now. You will be joining a highly-skilled Safety Team working on a range of projects.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Function Safety management, particularly IEC 61508 and Def Stan 00-55
- Qualified to degree or equivalent standard in an engineering subject or equivalent experience/combined education with professional experience; or professional experience with a related Masters degree.
- Proven experience in a safety-associated role, preferably in a defence related industry. That experience to include the determination and allocation of SILs.
- Detailed understanding and experience of UK, US and EEC Safety Legislation.
- Fully familiar with the relevant Joint Service Publications and Defence Standards associated with safety assessment of defence equipment.
- Experience with IT based toolsets common to the system safety discipline.
- Competent in the use of MS-Office applications.
- The role will require the candidate to have good verbal and written skills.
Specific Elements of the role:
- Evolve / review safety designs for products, associated support equipment and facilities, functional specifications and operations, and establishment of safety requirements for assigned systems
- Experience of Ordnance
- Focus on directing members of the team to meet critical schedules, resolution of complex technical and operational performance problems.
- Participation within projects in establishing the content and degree of support required for each Project.
- Development of acceptable risk criteria from first principles
- Development of Independent analysis and mitigation identification to control or eliminate hazards
- Development of definition and deliver hazard identification and hazard analysis requirements using appropriate hazard analysis types and techniques
- Development and delivery of appropriate ALARP strategies
- Development and delivery of safety management of potentially hazardous trials
- Development and delivery of safety documents as required to support customer and test/operational range requirements
- Participate in accident investigations involving damage to products or related facilities and assists in identification of causes and corrective actions
- Evaluate the interrelationship of system safety requirements and other aspects of concept design and development requirements to ensure the most cost effective program
Please note that successful applicants must be eligible for high level government clearances.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.