|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £48000 - £65000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Bradley Lamb||Job Published: 17 days ago|
Tactical Datalinks Solution Architect
Tactical Datalinks Solution Architect needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in Bedfordshire. They're looking to employ an experienced Tactical Datalinks Solution Architect will act as the subject matter expert and technical authority for all aspects of TDL design and integration, reporting to the Chief Engineer. The Tactical Datalinks Solution Architect is part of the Systems Engineering team and is responsible for providing consultation, developing solution architectures, company representation and mentoring for all TDL related engineering matters.
The successful Tactical Datalinks Solution Architect will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Salary: £48,000 - £65,000 per annum
- 25 day's holiday
- Contributed pension plan
- Career Progression
- Life assurance
- 9-day fortnight
- And many more!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Tactical Datalinks Solution Architect will include:
- Work with potential TDL suppliers to understand the benefits, performance and growth paths for their product
- Understand the impact of the TDL system(s) on overall system behaviour and performance
- Understand the impact of the TDL system(s) on different solution architectures.
- Technically review and challenge TDL suppliers on their products, reports and observed performance.
- Maintain currency on TDL developments and relevant STANAG/Mil-Std updates
- Understand nuances of TDL system limitations and behaviours at system level.
- Undertake technical trade studies on TDL processing options.
- Understand and develop at sub-system level, requirements and interface definition for Tactical Datalink Processing.
- Represent the company at industry and customer events
What you need to be the successful Tactical Datalinks Solution Architect:
In order to be the successful Tactical Datalinks Solution Architect and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Knowledge of Mil-STDs and STANAGs for: Link 16, JREAP and VMF
- Knowledge of TDL deployment configuration options and limitations
- Knowledge of TDL communication protocol standards
- Knowledge of TDL communication equipment standards
- Knowledge of TDL network management and operational needs
- Experience of design and integration of TDL into Command & Control systems.
- Experience of delivery of multiple TDL systems into service.
- Experience of systems engineering lifecycle through the life of a large-scale systems development programme, ideally in the Command & Control domain
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Tactical Datalinks Solution Architect to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.