|Location: Wimborne, Dorset||Salary: £22 - £40 per hour|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Megan Cottrell|
Dorset - Ongoing contract
Rate advertised - not applicable / rate can be dicussed over the phone
Technical Author needed for an exciting opportunity on behalf of my client, a leading Electronics Engineering company who specialise within nuclear and defence based in Dorset. The candidate must be eligible for Security Clearance.
Purpose of the Technical Author:
The Technical Author produces a range of technical documentation required to support products and systems throughout the equipment lifecycle; including technical specifications, product/system definitions, test procedures, operation and maintenance manuals, installation instructions and method statements, training media, and document templates. Much of the documentation for which the Technical Writer is responsible will be customer-focused; therefore, content must be designed and delivered with an emphasis on presentation, accuracy, clarity, and usability.
Some of the main duties the Technical Author will include:
- Fulfil their technical communication requirements by creating effective information content using appropriate software tools.
- Generate content as required for various key contacts within the business.
- Update existing documentation as required.
- Publish documentation in a variety of media formats for delivery to the end user.
- Complete ownership of the content creation process.
- Implement and maintain document control measures.
- Build relationships with key contacts.
- Continuously seek to improve the range of content creation.
What you need to be the successful Technical Author:
- The ability to research and analyse a range of complex technical information, absorb information quickly, and communicate it concisely and clearly in both written and illustrative forms.
- A strong eye for detail and the capacity to understand the needs of the end-user to ensure that content is designed and delivered accordingly.
- A sound understanding of Microsoft Word and proficiency in the use of other Microsoft Office software, including Excel, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with graphics editing and/or illustration software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to liaise effectively with sales, design teams, technical support staff, and project management.
- Must be able to ensure technical content adheres to and complies with any required national and international standards, typically BS EN 61010 / IEC 61187.
- Appropriate qualifications or experience in an engineering discipline essential.
- Graduate degree in an appropriate discipline desirable.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Technical Author to progress their career.
You do not want to miss out so please apply asap as this vacancy will be filled quickly!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.