|Location: Reigate||Salary: £18000 - £24000 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Nick Walmisley||Job Published: 11 days ago|
Technical Support Engineer - £18,000 - £24,000
How valuable is career progression to you? Do you already have a years' experience within IT but feel that you have reached the ceiling with your current employer? If you feel progression is key then this role would be ideal.
I am working with one of the most exciting MSP's in Surrey that need 1st Line Technical Support Engineers to join the team. The reason being is because all prior 1st line staff have now progressed in the business in rapid time, including certifications, in house learning and the given responsibility of more complex tickets and technical issues.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Act as a point of contact for phone calls, emails and tickets from customers regarding IT issues, incidents and requests
- Log ticket updates and document fixes within Service Desk ticketing system
- Maintain a high degree of customer service and take responsibility/ownership for support queries from start to finish, escalating if necessary
- Produce and update support documentation/knowledge base articles to assist staff with requests for information and provide staff training if required
- Contribute to project work when required
- Cover the wide spectrum of 1st line support duties.
- 1st line IT Support experience on Microsoft platforms for a minimum of 1 year within an MSP.
- Strong abilities in administering Microsoft Windows Server based infrastructure (Microsoft Server 2012 R2 / 2016 / 2019)
- Supporting a Windows Desktop environment
- Experience of Active Directory knowledge, for example creating/deleting user accounts, resetting passwords, creating groups, Group Policy Objects etc.
- Basic to moderate understanding and experience of Exchange/Office 365.
- Microsoft Office.
- ActiveSync, iPhone, Android
- Experience with backup and recovery software
- An understanding of file and folder permissions (NTFS)
- Network administration and troubleshooting, including routers, switches, TCP/IP
- Ability to run updates on key systems (Microsoft patches and rebooting etc)
- Good understanding of Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- Basic understanding of virtualisation technologies
- Veeam Backup and Replication
- Hyper-V technologies
- SonicWALL and/or Draytek firewalls
- Backup tape practices
- Hosting controller
This role would be ideal to someone with a lot of enthusiasm and desire to progress a career in IT. You will also be entitled to a list of strong benefits.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.