|Location: Havant||Salary: £80000 - £85000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Nick Taylor||Job Published: 22 days ago|
£80,000 - £85,000
Test Architect needed for a multinational defence and aerospace organisation based in Havant who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Test Architect that takes pride in their work.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and exciting team developing systems solutions for a variety of military and civil customers.
The successful candidate should have a broad knowledge of orchestrating systems solutions in a military environment where you will have experience of implementing Test Frameworks and Automation tools, model based engineering and be ISTB qualified.
This role will have you develop into a team leader who can be relied upon for expertise in your field, so you must be able to stand out and constantly be thinking of all possibilities to be ten steps ahead!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Test Architect will include:
- Developing advanced technological ideas and guiding their development into a final product.
- Application of advanced technical principles, techniques, theories and concepts.
- Review, evaluation and derivation of requirements for testability, develops and directs preparation and execution of comprehensive test plans, procedures and schedules for complete systems and/or subsystems.
- Act as advisor to management and customers on advanced I&T technical research studies and applications.
- Serves as organization I&T spokesperson on complex projects and/or programs.
- Support Business Development and Programme Management during capture & proposal phases.
- Provides consultative Technical and Test process oversight to programs.
What experience you need to be the successful Test Architect:
- Experience and considerable familiarity with MOD programs
- Experience of planning the integration of large complex systems.
Experience of qualifying systems to Safety Integrity Levels (SIL 2, DO-168)
- Technical confidence in a supplier facing role, experience of defining & monitoring sub-contract test activities
- An ability to build a strong technical working relationships, and the ability to collaboratively work with internal and external stakeholders to resolve cost, schedule, or technical issues.
- An ability to understand system and subsystem requirements and develop Integration and Acceptance solutions.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, and the ability to convey complex technical concepts in a clear and concise manner to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience of solution test, acceptance, and transition to operations, including the management and resolution of defects.
- Knowledge of integration to Def Stan 21-88
- Knowledge of Modelling based Engineering and Simulation techniques for validation
- Familiar with Military EMC and Environmental Standards.
- Experience of implementing Test Frameworks and Automation tools
- Experience of Software Testing (ISTB qualified)
- Familiar with DOORS
- Experience with JIRA
- Familiar with Defect reporting and tracking systems
- MODAF/DODAF desirable.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Test Architect to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This role requires candidates to be eligible to undergo and obtain a high level of UK Security Clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.