|Location: Liverpool, Merseyside||Salary: To be discussed + Company Vehicle|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Lauren Ballam|
3rd Line Support Engineer / 3rd Line ICT Support Engineer(Permanent)
3rd Line Support Engineer needed for a leading communications organisation, who are seeking a skilled 3rd Line Support Engineer with experience in providing technical support within a service driven environment.
Some of the main duties of the 3rd Line Support Engineer will include:
Demonstrable and sound experience of:
- Management of Active Directory, DNS and WINS.
- Windows Server OS 2008/2012/2016 support.
- Microsoft Azure and Office 365 Support.
- Standardisation of Client/Server OS builds using SCCM including the administration, packaging and deployment of software and updates.
- Knowledge and understanding of Exchange 2010 and Skype for Business.
- Group policy creation and management.
- Experience within a service level driven environment.
- Willing to provide 24 x 7 out of hours support on a rota basis.
- Clean Driving Licence.
- Undertake Security Clearance checks.
- Appreciation of SQL Databases and their management.
- Administration of Web and Email filter solutions.
- Anti-Virus software deployments.
- Mobile Device Management Software.
- IT Service continuity.
Focused on supporting Microsoft Operating systems and applications, the key tasks will require the engineer:
- The role will involve providing general 3rd line IT support to a range of public sector and blue light emergency services customers predominantly on a Microsoft platform.
- As a 3rd Line support Engineer the role will require a strong troubleshooting, problem-solving and technical skills based background using various diagnostic tools.
- In addition, strong inter-personal skills are required to guide customers (both internal and external) through situations (over the phone as well as face-to-face), providing resolution to incidents and ultimately reach customer satisfaction.
- Communication is a key skill to enable the management of faults through incident, change and problem management.
- To maintain and further develop the Windows environment. This includes patching; hotfixes, software version upgrades, and provide training to peers.
- Work from or travel to customer sites to provide extended Technical Support services to customers.
- To deliver the highest level of customer service by resolving escalated customer technical support incidents/requests to meet the SLAs.
- To document the processes and procedures related to the day to day management of key systems and to introduce it to the wider Operational team.
- Provide Problem Management by using all the information to hand to identify, prevent or resolve either on-going or potential issues that would affect a adversely customer.
Business Operations Skills - Qualifications:
- Appropriate Microsoft qualifications (expired qualifications if relevant will be taken into account).
- Appropriate industry experience to deliver the requirements of the role.
- ITIL foundation or Practitioner
Excellent employee benefits:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
Have the skills above?
Ready to work with a leading ICT organisation with fantastic benefits? Call Lauren directly - 01342 330514
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.