|Location: Wimborne, Dorset||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence, Design||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Charlie Ringer|
Airworthiness Engineer needed - Based in Wimborne - Permanent position
Currently I am recruiting for an Airworthiness Engineer to join my client who are an extremely successful Aerospace and Defence company based in Wimborne. The purpose of this role is to provide engineering support to the Airworthiness Manager in delivering the Airworthiness functional governance across CMS Wimborne. As a key team member of the Airworthiness team, they will liaise with the Integrated Project Teams, Product Design and Production areas to ensure that My clients equipment design is 'fit for operational use in the air '. The role is required to apply Airworthiness governance from the start of the design lifecycle stage through to maintaining continued Airworthiness in-service to ensure that appropriate considerations have been made and that specific customer/legislative requirements have been met.
The successful Airworthiness Engineer will gain the following benefits package:
- 25 days holiday
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- Private medical insurance
- Gym Flex
- Gadget Insurance
- Healthcare cash plan
Some of the main duties of the successful Airworthiness Engineer will include:
- Provide airworthiness assessments to support and guide design development, modification and equipment failure investigation. Assist in the development and delivery of the Engineering Airworthiness capability, including maintenance and update of company control procedures.
- Undertake shop floor audits to measure 'as built hardware standard' against 'as certified design standard'.
- Provide airworthiness support (assessment/author) and DDP certification to support airworthiness of my client's equipment designs.
- Generate Occurrence Reports to MAA/CAA/FAA/etc as appropriate
- Undertake audit of my clients Quality Management and airworthiness management systems.
Required skills and experiences for the successful Airworthiness Engineer:
- Design Certification experience within an Aerospace organisation, Part 21 experience highly desirable.
- Reporting and working to aerospace standards including MAA/CAA/FAA and Part 145.
- Professional registration (eg. CEng/ IEng) or desire to progress to this level of qualification.
- Product design background within an Aerospace organisation.
- Previous OEM aircraft operations experience.
- Aircraft Safety knowledge
If you are interested in this role then please apply today!