|Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire||Salary: £25000 - £32000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Gautam Raval|
Application Support Analyst
My client based in Sheffield are recruiting for an Application Support Analyst to work as part of the Application Services team.
As an Application Support Analyst you will be providing on-site and remote management and support of the client's application estate covering 2300 users across 15 sites nationally as well as ensuring delivery of the IT application services to the client within the agreed service levels.
As an Application Support Analyst you will be responsible for the following:
- Incident management through ITIL based management tool. This will require contacting users and dealing with specific application layer issues.
- Contribute to the design, implementation and maintenance of the IT applications including troubleshooting, performance monitoring, optimization, and where appropriate capacity management and disaster recovery / business continuity planning.
- Develop the operational roadmap and service improvement programmes with the customer
- Manage operational relationship with 3rd parties and suppliers
- Ensure standards and technology policies are being followed by all technical and non-technical teams
- Enable knowledge sharing by creating and maintaining detailed, comprehensive documentation and diagrams
- Ensure a high level of customer service is delivered
- Mentoring other members of the team as needed
- Maintain an expert level of knowledge in area of expertise by maintaining certifications, attending seminars or though other related activities
- Respond quickly and effectively to major issues and take responsibility for seeing those issues through to resolution
- Interact with hardware and software vendors to ensure timely resolution to any issues or outages
- Participate in planning, design and maintenance of IT applications
- Responsible for change management of the IT applications, including planning, scheduling and implementation of changes
- Researching and sourcing new technologies, providing architectural advice/recommendations to IT management to improve the application environment.
- Ability to work the normal hours and beyond at short notice, including participation in an on-call rotation for support of systems outside of normal business hours.
- Analyse existing operations and make recommendations for the improvement and development of the relevant IT systems
- Participate and contribute to Major Incident Review meetings to discuss any outage occurrences, develop safe guards and, where appropriate, implement any recommended changes to avoid reoccurrence.
- Meet and exceed as required the agreed Service Levels in accordance with all IT Service Management processes (e.g. Incident, Problem, Availability, Capacity, IT Service Continuity)
As an Application Support Analyst you will have the following skills:
- Experience in an IT Application Support role
- ITIL® V3 Foundation Certification or equivalent experience
- Experience in managing business critical application delivery through a full business process lifecycle
- Experience in maintaining bespoke in-house developed applications in an enterprise environment
- Experience in upgrading, supporting and maintaining SaaS or 3rd party applications
- Microsoft Windows Server technical skills in an application context
- Microsoft Windows Desktop technical skills in an application context
- Microsoft SQL Server technical skills