|Location: Cambridgeshire||Salary: £550 - £650 per day|
|Sector: Pharmaceuticals, Client Delivery, Medical Communications, Medical Devices, Life Sciences||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Zak Mendoza||Job Published: 19 days ago|
Associate Director - Epidemiology
WFH initially, 2-3 times per week in Cambridgeshire thereafter
Associate Director - Epidemiology needed for a globally recognised Pharmaceutical organisation based in Cambridgeshire who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Associate Director - Epidemiology that takes pride in their work and with a Ph.D. or equivalent in epidemiology or related health science field and a minimum of 5 years of experience in the health care environment (alternatively, an MSc or MPH with more than 10 years of experience in the health care environment) experience managing complex medical evidence plans and experience in the pharmaceutical industry or in closely related academic epidemiological research.
What the role entails:
An outline of the Associate Director - Epidemiology role is as follows:
As a Director / Ass Director in the Global Medical Evidence Generation team, you will be working with internal and external customers to ensure appropriate communication of results to stakeholders, including providing epidemiological/outcomes research support for responses to questions posed by regulatory authorities. They perform research on secondary data (e.g. electronic healthcare databases) either internally or through collaboration with external research and academic groups. Additionally, they design and conduct primary data collection studies (e.g., non-interventional and interventional) through external service providers.
In this role you will be supporting safety and clinical objectives and also work closely with commercial partners to maximize the potential of the company's products and ensure support for appropriate target claims and messages. Finally, they ensure that timeframes are negotiated appropriately for the completion of tasks, and that the tasks are carried out as agreed and results presented effectively.
The Associate Director/Director in the Global Medical Evidence Generation team is a high-level, strategic and scientific role that involves developing, coordinating, and executing cutting-edge, effective, and efficient global strategy in epidemiology and outcomes research for drug and enablement projects at a global level. The incumbent has deep knowledge and extensive experience and provides essential specialist guidance and direction to project teams, senior leaders, and other colleagues to ensure optimal management of high-impact project opportunities and risks. The role holder leads development of consensus among diverse scientific, technical, and business experts (often at the global level) so as to ensure scientific quality and timely, cost-effective project delivery while adhering to ethical requirements and responding to business needs.
What experience you need to be the successful Associate Director - Epidemiology:
- D. or equivalent in epidemiology or related health science field and a minimum of 5 years of experience in the health care environment. Alternatively, an MSc or MPH with more than 10 years of experience in the health care environment
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry or in closely related academic epidemiological research
- Experience managing complex medical evidence plans
- Sustained productivity in epidemiological research as manifest by successful design, execution, and publication of original epidemiological research relevant to drug discovery and development (e.g., drug safety) or commercialization in peer-reviewed journal
- Experience in utilizing secondary data and also conducting primary data collection studies
- Emerging recognition by the external scientific communities as an expert in the application of epidemiology to areas relevant to drug development and commercialization
- Sustained record of epidemiological productivity at a strategic as well as an operational level
- Able to effectively engage and consult with recognized key external scientific experts
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Associate Director - Epidemiology to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.