|Location: London||Salary: £65000 - £80000 per annum|
|Sector: Real Estate||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Oliver Jones||Job Published: 23 days ago|
Chartered Surveyor / Project Manager - Client Sides Opportunity, Chelsea, London
The Cadogan Estate are looking to recruit a Chartered Surveyor with Project Management experience to provide project management and building surveying services to the Estate, with a focus on projects between £500,000 and £5m. The Estate currently have a pipeline in excess of £500m of work to be completed, offering long term job security and a range of sites to be involved.
The Construction professionals performance will be measured by:
- The extent to which building surveying projects are delivered efficiently, effectively and smoothly, reflecting best practice.
- The ability to manage and report on a wide range of activities and to communicate verbally and in writing, to the highest standards.
- The ability to work effectively and reporting to the Projects Director and other colleagues within the company.
- The application of effective and appropriate building surveying and project management skills, and contribution to an efficient, motivational and progressive working environment
The successful candidate is likely to be a member of The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS) with between 1 & 2 years PQE practical experience, with sound technical knowledge relating to building surveying and project management.
- Assist with the professional work associated with Licenses for Alterations, Deeds of Consent, Schedules of Dilapidations and neighbourly matters.
- Contribute to the work associated with cyclical and planned preventative maintenance.
- Ensure that building surveying and project management skills are delivered to high standards are achieved in combination with good value for money.
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the team to promote an efficient and happy working environment.
- Ensure that best practice procedures are adopted and followed in respect project management and building surveying.
- To have and apply sound technical knowledge to related activities, including but not exclusively, landlord and tenant legislation, statutory legislation, including Planning Laws, Building Regulations and Health and Safety as well as industry best practice guidelines.
- Assist in the communication of building projects to stakeholders including neighbours, customers and occupiers, including initial communication, regular newsletters and obtaining feedback on completion.
- Liaise with colleagues in respect of invoices, payments and financial matters, projects and building surveying related matters, including the Accounts team.
- Contribute to the promotion of and ongoing development of the sustainability objectives of the Estate.
- Adopt an approach that generally represents the Cadogan Estate in Chelsea and in the property market so as to protect and enhance our reputation.
The focus of their work will be:
Project work up to £5m in value, and contributing to larger projects up to £70m in value; in addition, providing general surveying services to the business, such as support to Property Managers on external repairs and redecorations, Licences to Alter where needed, support to Asset Managers in respect of lease events.
The following personal attributes are required:
Ambition & Drive, natural sense of urgency, excellent communication skills, initiative.
In return for your time, effort and experience you will receive a competitive salary, a professional working environment to expand and grow your career, and the opportunity to work on one of London's finest Estates.
Cadogan - Safeguarding the spirit of Chelsea's community and creating a sustainable future.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.