|Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Commercial Manager required for one of the UK's largest and most succesful aerospace companies based in Cheltenham. You will be heavily involved in negotiating international contracts within aerospace, ideally having a strong understanding of the industry.
All applicants for this position must be eligible for Security Clearance
Benefits for Commercial Manager:
- Up to 5% bonus
- Flexi Working
- Early Finish Friday
- 25 days' holiday
- Option to buy additional 5 days'
- Subsidised gym and canteen
- Matched pension
Commercial Manager required skills:
- Degree educated in a Business or related subject is essential. Post-graduation Commercial certifications (such as IACCM) would be an advantage.
- A minimum of 7 years relevant experience in an aerospace, defence or a related technology industry, demonstrating all, or substantially all, of the above responsibilities
- Experience leading and negotiating international contracts with customers in USA and other overseas territories including regulatory flow downs (FAR/DFARS)
- Available to travel overseas for short periods of time in accordance with business needs
Commercial Manager's key responsibilities:
- Support the timely submission of bids and proposals ensuring commercial integrity and compliance with all applicable policies, processes and legislation with specific responsibility for responding to the commercial aspects, including customer terms and conditions and pricing
- Ensure the identification of commercial risk, develop and implement effective mitigation strategies and actions and report the risk and progress with mitigation strategies internally
- Lead negotiations with overseas customers (including but not limited to customers in USA) with respect to commercially advantageous terms and conditions, prices and payment plans
- The drafting and review of agreements including, but not limited to NDAs/PIAs, LTAs, Agency Agreements, PDS, Teaming Agreements and Distribution and Collaboration Agreements
- Effective day-to-day management of contracts, including customer liaison and customer relationship management on contractual matters
- Development and negotiation of flow down terms and conditions to Suppliers
- Resolution of disputes and claims ensuring best outcome for the company
- Advise Project, Operations and Procurement teams on all commercial aspects
- Provide advice with respect to contractual obligations, liabilities and rights
- Conduct contract reviews in conjunction with other departments
- Effective Contract Management during programme execution
- Maintain applicable commercial inputs into the document management systems including registration
- Liaison with the Export Control teams to ensure compliance with regulations
To apply for this exciting Commercial Manager position please press 'apply now'.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.