|Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Commercial Officer needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in Cambridge who are looking to employ an experienced Commercial Officer who can demonstrate Commercial awareness and business acumen with attention to detail whilst meeting challenging deadlines and can demonstrate the ability to identify key areas in contract terms supplied by other parties that if accepted would represent a significant risk to the Company, prices and payment plans.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Commercial Officer will include:
- Support the day to day point of interface on commercial and contractual matters for selected contracts
- Support the development, approval and issuance of bids and proposals
- Support the identification of commercial risk and the development and implementation of effective risk mitigation strategies and actions
- Ensure that the Company's contractual obligations are communicated to the project teams and support functions
- Support the resolution of commercial issues
- Support the project teams to identify contract changes and support the Change Control process
- Support the drafting and negotiation of customer contracts
- Supporting the project procurement team in the negotiation of contractual agreements with suppliers and subcontractors
- Participate in the negotiation of any amendments to our existing contracts and new agreements
- Reviewing, re-drafting and supporting the negotiation of customer contracts.
- Support the protection/registration of the company's intellectual property rights
- Provide support to new business proposals
- Help develop, improve and maintain Commercial policies and processes
- Perform any additional activities in order to maximise the contribution to the company's targets, plans and objectives
What you need to be the successful Commercial Officer:
In order to be the successful Commercial Officer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Well organised and confident individual able to take the lead on business issues
- Can demonstrate Commercial awareness and business acumen with attention to detail whilst meeting challenging deadlines
- Can demonstrate the ability to identify key areas in contract terms supplied by other parties that if accepted would represent a significant risk to the Company
- Can think laterally to resolve issues and disputes
- Good clear presenter
- Good communication - oral and written
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Commercial Officer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
*Please not that this position requires eligibility for security clearance up to SC level*
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.