|Location: Gloucestershire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Aaron Stone||Job Published: 3 days ago|
Customs Compliance Officer
Customs Compliance Officer needed for a globally established Defence/Aerospace organisation based in Gloucestershire. They're looking to employ a Customs Compliance Officer who will ensure compliance is kept within trade legislations and the company's processes and procedures.
This role has an option to be based from a Gloucestershire or Cambridgeshire office.
The successful Customs Compliance Officer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme
- Annual bonus scheme
- Sports and social club
- And many more!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Customs Compliance Officer will include:
- To provide import clearance instructions to UK import agents.
- To track, obtain customs documentation relating import/export related activities, ensuring accuracy and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- To complete any reports, logs or equivalent records, or notifications of potential or verified matters of non-compliance
- Review and code freight-forwarder invoices
- Interface with freight forwarders, brokers and other trade compliance-related third-party service providers, as appropriate, to ensure compliance with company procedures.
- Undertake any other tasks as required to support the business
- Refer any and all inquiries from any governmental department or agency with regard to trade compliance issues in accordance with company policy
- Coordinate with the TCM, as necessary, to ensure the proper jurisdiction determination and classification of all products, equipment, software and technology produced, or in use by the employees.
- Assist with audits and assessments, whether internal or external, as directed by the TCM.
- Keep current with the Trade Compliance Programme, attending required training and seminars and provide input and feedback on any changes or additions.
What you need to be the Customs Compliance Officer:
College-level qualifications in Business or related field, with two years of business-related experience; OR Working knowledge of import/export customs related activities, with two years of business-related experience.
In order to be the successful Customs Compliance Officer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have some of the following:
- Understanding of Trade Compliance procedures and documentation
- Previous experience in implementing and managing import clearance activities
- Must be proficient with MS Office products.
- Must provide excellent customer service.
- Have strong attention to detail, be a continuous learner, flexible and be willing to take initiative.
- Promotes an open-minded, innovative environment.
- Ability to build productive relationships at all levels inside and outside the organisation.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage varying workload
- Ability to problem solve independently and as part of a team
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Customs Compliance Officer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!