|Location: Great Malvern||Salary: + Package|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering, Technology||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jeremy Farley||Job Published: 12 days ago|
Job Title: Cyber Security Engineer
Location: Malvern + Remote
Salary: £+ Package
***Developed Vetting (DV) Clearance is required for this position***
Key Skills: Cyber Security, Stakeholder Management, Identity Management, Virtual Networks, Detection, Networks, Coding, Programming, Agile, Threat Management
An experienced Cyber Security Engineer is required to play a key role in being responsible for ensuring that critical projects are appropriately secured through the design, build and support phases, providing detailed technical expertise to Product Owners, Security Architects and System/Platform Engineers to build systems that simultaneously achieve the desired mission outcomes and provide robust defences against sophisticated and highly motivated attackers.
So, what will you be doing as a Cyber Security Engineer?
- Leading or supervising the development of detailed designs for information systems that take advantage of modern security technologies
- Act as an expert technical consultant for the platform/software/networks engineering team
- Work simultaneously across a portfolio of projects, using your judgement about which projects or more junior security engineers need the greatest support, balancing the needs of a complex organisation and customer set.
- Manage complex stakeholder relationships with customers and colleagues
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to junior members of the Security Engineering team.
- Technologies you will likely be expert in include: Identity and Access Management, Encryption (at rest and in transit), Role-Based / Attribute-Based Access Control, Virtual Private Networks, Network Access Control Lists, Firewalls / Security Groups, Logging and Monitoring, Endpoint Detection and Response technology, Multi-Factor Authentication, etc.
What are we looking for in our next Cyber Security Engineer?
- Postgraduate (or equivalent level) experience in a cyber security role
- Ability to read, write and review code in at least one programming language
- Experience of working with agile workflow tools (e.g., JIRA / Confluence)
- Excellent technical understanding of cyber security issues
- Specialist knowledge in one or more areas of technology
- Experience securing sensitive workloads against sophisticated technical threats
- Able to make complex risk-balance judgements
- Able to gain trust and 'buy in' from a variety of stakeholders, both with and without strong technical backgrounds
- Able to rapidly acquire new technical information as technology and security threats evolve
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills and desire to provide passion and drive as the next Cyber Security Engineer, this is the opportunity for you!
So, if you are interested in joining a well-established, renowned, globally recognised organisation working with experts in their field as the next Cyber Security Engineer, hit that apply button now!
Current Developed Vetting (DV) Clearance (MoD/UKIC) is required to be successful in this role
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.