|Location: Hampshire, England||Salary: £12.00 - £14.50 per hour|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Alex Spraggett||Job Published: 21 days ago|
A Database Administrator needed for a leading Defence organisation based in Hampshire. They are looking to employ a Database Administrator who has strong experience with Microsoft Excel, someone who has an understanding and experience of using databases and someone who has the ability to work with others across a number of departments on a combined task within the Defence Industry.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Database Administrator will include:
- Primarily responsible for the transferring, preparation and transportation of critical flight test data between flight test sites.
- Provide administrative support to the Integration and Test lead and the wider team where necessary, including but not limited to observation tracking and management as well as generating metrics and reporting on statuses.
- Work with and in support of the Requirements & PTR team during quieter test phases.
- This post involves inter departmental interaction and will involve travel to applicable Programme locations.
Integration & Test Team Administrative Support;
- Provide support I&T lead in day to day activities
- Support the wider I&T team with basic administrative tasks
- Manage the observation & event and equipment tracking databases
- Generate and manage tracking metrics as directed
Flight Data Analysis Suite (CDAS) - flight test data analysis rig Load data from aircraft recorders to portable media and transport
- Lead flight test data from portable media and tapes
- Generate and maintain metrics on data turnaround times
- Training will be provided
What you need to be the successful Database Administrator:
In order to be the successful Database Administrator and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Driving Licence
- The ability to work with others across a number of departments on a combined task, make contributions to the tasks and share the responsibility of the outcome
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to assimilate information quickly
- Excellent organizational skills
- The ability to document technical meeting minutes and actions
- Be self-motivated, needing minimal direction
- Confident self-starter
- UK S Clearance Required
- High level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel, including formulas and macros as well as a working knowledge of the whole MS Office suite of applications.
- Problem solving skills to negotiate unexpected events and problems
- Have understanding and experience of using databases, however, specific on the job training will be given where necessary
- Previous experience of working within a similar Engineering environment
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Database Administrator to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
To apply for the Database Administrator, you must be eligible for Security Clearance.