|Location: Bristol||Salary: £25000 - £30000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Tiernan Murray||Job Published: 14 days ago|
Desktop Support Engineer
Bristol / flexible working
Desktop Support Engineer needed for a respected and highly reputable Consultancy based in Bristol who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Desktop Support Engineer that takes pride in their work and experience with Office 365, Hardware Support, IP Networking and Active Directory.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Desktop Support Engineer will include:
- Processing and delivering routine service/change requests
- Problem analysis provision, close liaison with Problem Management for instances where the underlying cause of an incident is not clear or requires further investigation.
- Endpoint management - Patching & Anti-Virus
- O365 & AZURE Billing, Subscriptions and support escalations (administration)
- Selection, purchasing and provision of user-facing equipment (Request Fulfilment)
- IT Induction delivery (Joiners)
- Application packaging and deployment (Windows, Linux & Citrix delivery methods)
- Field site visits dependent on priority and escalation
- Asset Management and recovery (client end-user computing, Inc. Blackberry devices and Teams/Telephony)
- Secure room management (delegated responsibilities escalated via First or Third line support)
- Systems Monitoring and reporting (delegated responsibility)
- Crypto Management (delegated responsibility)
- Network support (WAN and LAN connectivity)
- Meeting Room Support - Audio/Visual and Video Conferencing
- Develop and maintain knowledge and skills and keep up-to-date with new processes, procedures and developments
What experience you need to be the successful Desktop Support Engineer:
- Office 365 Administration (Mail Flow, license management, group management)
- Active directory & Group Policy management
- Telecommunication trouble shooting (technical contact for escalations to WAN provider)
- General hardware support (PC Hardware, PC build, printers, Switches and Firewalls)
- General IP networking skills (DHCP, DNS, ipconfig, etc.)
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Presentable, professional appearance
- Patient, diligent and diplomatic
- Pro-active, resourceful and able to use initiative
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Desktop Support Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that eligibility for UK security clearance up to SC level is required for the Desktop Support Engineer position.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.