|Location: Berkshire||Salary: £25000 - £30000 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms, Technology||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Olly Nixon||Job Published: 22 days ago|
Desktop Support Specialist
Desktop Support Specialist needed for a market leading renewable energy organisation based in Berkshire who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Desktop Support Specialist that takes pride in their work with an in-depth knowledge of IT Support using Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Azure, Office 365 and Active Directory to provide 1st & 2nd line support.
The successful candidate would desirably have a relevant degree or equivalent professional experience and have a keen interest in cloud-based IT infrastructure. If you have experience in networking e.g., IP, LAN-WAN etc, that would be a plus!
- Salary £25,000 - £30,000 per annum
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Desktop Support Specialist will include:
- Provide 1st and 2nd line IT support to office-based and remote users.
- Maintain the IT Helpdesk ticketing system.
- Create and maintain User Accounts on several key systems including Azure Active Directory.
- Set up end-user computing hardware and client applications.
- Setup, configure and support mobile devices on IOS and Android platforms.
- Maintain assets, inventory records of key equipment and communications with suppliers on purchase, and repairs of equipment.
- Perform physical moves of end-user IT equipment in an efficient and tidy manner.
What experience you need to be the successful Desktop Support Specialist:
- Good background knowledge in end-user computing and support, especially with cloud-based services.
- Knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Azure, Office 365, and common business applications.
- Networking knowledge, IP addressing, LAN principles and design.
- Knowledge of voice and data infrastructure cabling.
- Basic understanding of Azure Active Directory.
- Knowledge of Imaging.
- Knowledge or experience with backup and DR systems is desirable.
- A keen interest in cloud-based IT infrastructure and services is essential.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Desktop Support Specialist to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.