|Location: Nottingham, Nottinghamshire||Salary: £50000 - £70000 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Nick Donovan|
DevOps Engineer needed for s multinational consultancy based in Nottingham who operate in the Financial Services, Commodities, Retail, Healthcare, Public Sector and Technology & Media sectors. They build large-scale, bespoke, business-critical systems for some of the world's most high-profile organisations.
The sucessful DevOps Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity with strong career progression but also because they give you the following benefits:
- £50,000 - £70,000 per annum
- 25 days holiday
- 5% flexi-benefit (can be taken as additional salary)
- Pension Plan
- Group Life Insurance (4 x Salary)
- Income Protection Insurance
- Career Progression
- Access to leading technologies
This is a hands on, client-facing role, offering the opportunity to be involved in full development life cycle.
What you need to be the successful DevOps Engineer:
- Strong commercial experience of managing complex multi-tier enterprise infrastructure environments.
- In-depth configuration management, automation and scripting skills including use of a scripting language such as Python or Ruby, proficiency with shell scripting (e.g. BASH)
- In-depth knowledge of platform and application automated deployment technologies (e.g. Ansible, Terraform, Cobbler, Puppet, Chef, Tivoli Provisioning Manager, Foreman)
- Exposure to iterative/agile development methodologies (SCRUM, XP, DSDM, RUP etc.)
- Exposure to continuous integration and build tools (e.g. Jenkins, TeamCity).
- Use of source code version control (e.g. git, subversion).
- Excellent Linux/Unix system administration skills with a bias towards RedHat Enterprise Linux versions 6 and 7.
- Understanding of software and infrastructure architecture including performance tuning applications, infrastructure and databases.
- Good database knowledge and SQL skills (on an enterprise database such as Oracle or EnterpriseDB).
- Good understanding of infrastructure and application security including Cross Site Scripting attacks and SQL injection attacks and the use of a WAF. Understanding of OWASP objectives and requirements.
- In depth knowledge of virtualisation platforms and cloud orchestration technologies such as AWS, VSphere, vDirector, Xenserver, Xen, Cloudstack and Openstack. Experience with building systems in an autoscaling environment including Self-Healing systems
It would also be great if the DevOps Engineer had:
- Configuration of firewalls, load balancers and other network equipment.
- Software development experience.
- Experience of application servers such as WebSphere, WebLogic or JBOSS.
- Experience of Microsoft .NET technologies and Windows system administration.
- Experience with planning for Disaster Recovery.
- Exposure to ITIL.
This is a fantcais opportunity for a DevOps Engineer to prgress their career to the next level.. If you are interested please apply as soon as pssible as this position will go quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.