|Location: Westerham, Kent||Salary: £15 - £15.27 per annum|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Emma Puddick|
Job Title: Electrician
Location: Kent- With Travel around Kent & Sussex
The working hours per week will depend on whether working days or nights. The work pattern consists of a Five Week Rota, three weeks working on a Day Shift pattern followed by two weeks working on a Night Shift pattern.
Day Shift normal working week and hours of work are:
Monday to Friday Day Shift: 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week, from 07h30 to 16h15 with 45 minutes' unpaid rest break. Starting and finishing times are fixed by the Company as appropriate to the job on which you are employed at any time and may vary from site to site. These rest breaks do not form part of the normal working hours.
Night Shift normal working week and hours of work are:
Monday to Thursday: 11 hours per night, 44 hours per week from 1800hrs to 0545hrs which includes a 45minute unpaid rest break inclusive of one (1) hour per shift to be paid as overtime. Starting and finishing times are fixed by the Company as appropriate to the job on which you are employed at any time and may vary from site to site. Rest breaks do not form part of the normal working hours.
The hourly rate of pay is £15.27 and all authorised hours worked over core hours will be paid at double time. Unsociable Hours payment (Nightshift working): A nightshift premium of basic hours' x 0.3 will be paid for each nightshift worked in addition to normal pay for hours worked.
- Management of personal and team safety
- The safe and competent delivery of electrical, mechanical and instrument engineering, assessment, installation and defect rectification activities in line with network and contract requirements
- Carry out tasks in accordance with all statutory and legal requirements, particularly in relation to Health & Safety at Work Act / ACOP
- The completion of all associated records as required including daily work sheets, and maintenance records
- Knowledge of procedures for electrical/mechanical repair and maintenance.
- Electrical, mechanical and instrumentation knowledge, skill and ability to carry out minor repairs within their skill base
- Problem solve technical issues, fault diagnosis and solution finding
- Drive vehicles as required for maintenance purposes
- Suggest system, process and network enhancements to enable safer, more efficient and effective ways of working
- Work within a team of technicians and engineers across the full portfolio of Electrical and Instrumentation equipment ensuring knowledge is captured and shared throughout the business units.
- Provide instruction and guidance for technicians and apprentices, on all aspects of plant and equipment in order to develop their skills and knowledge
- Communicates technical issues to other maintenance staff, explain technical issues to other staff. Range of work procedures and practices majority non-routine; intermediate level of theoretical knowledge
- Demonstrate a clear and ongoing commitment to inter-trade flexibility
- Ensure all works meets customer expectations
Essentials for the Electrician:
- City & Guilds Electrical 236 pts 1 2 or equivalent qualification
- Full UK Drivers License
- CSCS Blue
- Knowledge of current Health & Safety Legislation
- Understanding of chapter 8 of The Traffic Signals Manual
- LV / HV Switchgear
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Good Customer Skills
- Team Player
Desirables for the Electrician:
- City & Guilds 2391 or equivalent
- 17th or 18th Edition
- MEWP, Booms, Scissor Lifts and HIABS
- NHSS Sector 8 installation and maintenance of Highway Electrical Equipment and supporting works
- First Aid, Abrasive Wheels, Manual Handling
- ESC Card
- Microsoft proficient
- Working on high speed road networks
- Diesel Generators
If you're interested please get in touch ASAP, they will get you started right away.