|Location: Gloucestershire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence, Nuclear||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Electronics Technician needed for a multinational Defence & Aerospace organisation based in Gloucestershire who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Electronics Technician that takes pride in their work with experience in electronics assembly and build, testing and inspecting to ATP documentation and fault diagnosis.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Electronics Technician will include:
- To build, inspect and test new build products to ATP documentation in accordance with the individual's scope of approval
- To test and inspect work performed by other members of the Operations Team
- To perform diagnostic testing and root cause analysis on any non-conforming work to identify necessary corrective action
- To undertake fault diagnosis of returned items & provide a comprehensive strip report
- Carry out repair & test of customers units as required.
- To act as technical champion within the team and support other team members in achieving technical compliance with all manufacturing standards
- To assemble new build products & carry out repair of customer products in accordance with the drawings & manufacturing instructions.
- To undertake fault diagnosis of units that fail the ATP, & provide a comprehensive strip report for customer returns.
- Carry out final ATP of units as required.
- Identify problems/issues and recommend solutions to prevent recurrence
- Act as the cell link into quality, engineering & other areas of the business as needed.
- Review you job progress on an annual basis with the objective of achieving continuous improvement. You will need to adhere and contribute to the advancement of the Company Mission.
- Maintain awareness and attend training courses as applicable for the purpose of the Company and self-development
- Adhere at all times to Company Procedure
- To carry out any other duties as may be reasonably requested
What experience you need to be the successful Electronics Technician:
- Full understanding of the expectations and requirements of your primary customer
- To work with fellow team members in a respectful and courteous manner
- Evidence of an eye test within the last 2 years and appropriate actions taken where required
- A minimum of 6 months broad based cell experience (an understanding of the range and complexity of the products that the cell produces)
- A full understanding of the responsibility that comes from being a company certified inspection stamp holder
- IPC certified
- Thorough knowledge of continuous improvement methods, in particular 'lean' and use this understanding to question and where necessary challenge constructively any operation or instruction believed not to be the most effective option for the Company or its customers
- 3 years' experience within an aerospace / defence environment and/or a formal engineering qualification (NVQ/C&G/ONC etc.)
- Already have, or willing to undergo BPSS security checks
- Perfect colour vision - actual importance dependent upon specific role
- Previous experience in an Aerospace or defence manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of the company's concession process, MRB process and ECR process
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Electronics Technician to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that eligibility for UK security clearance up to SC level is required for the Electronics Technician position.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.