|Location: Harlow, Essex||Salary: £40 - £55 per hour|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Aaron Stone|
Embedded Software Engineer
Embedded Software Engineer required to join a globally established company who specialises in defence, national security, and other government and commercial markets around the world.
Summary of Role:
This role provides an exciting and yet challenging opportunity for an accomplished and experienced Embedded Software Engineer to support existing and new Air Traffic Management Systems (ATMS) product developments.
The Embedded Software Engineer will be on a 6 month contract with a strong likelihood of extension.
This role requires candidates to be eligible for SC clearance
Embedded Software Engineer responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be working within a small team supporting existing team members in all stages of software development used within ATMS products. The successful applicant will be involved in all stages of the development and post-delivery lifecycle:
- Requirements capture
- Design (high and low level)
- Test (unit, software integration, system integration)
- Post-delivery defect investigation.
Embedded Software Engineer Requirements:
The following represents a list of capabilities required to support the existing ATMS Interrogator products. Candidates should have demonstrable experience across a number of the following capabilities, but it is not expected that they will have experience in all.
- Experience of software development for Real Time, Multi-Tasking, Embedded Systems (Essential)
- Ability to work in small multidiscipline teams involving Software, Hardware and Systems engineers, with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with design methods suitable for real time, multi-tasking systems (MASCOT preferred)
- Appreciation of target hardware operation (e.g. Intel processor architectures, Multibus II interface, etc.) (Essential)
- Experience of Configuration Management / Version Control tools (Intasoft AllChange preferred).
- Experience of Requirement Management tools (DOORS preferred).
- Experience of communications systems (e.g. Ethernet protocols).
- Experience of Texas Instruments Code Composer Studio IDE
- Experience of Texas Instruments Real Time Operating System
- Debug / testing experience on target systems (board level interface). (Essential)
- Experience of High Level (C, PLM preferred) languages (Essential)
- Understanding of Secondary Surveillance Radar principals of operation (preferable, but not essential).
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.