|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: James Giblin|
EMC Engineer needed for a leading Defence organisation based in Bedfordshire who are looking to employ an experienced EMC Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of EMC/EMI at electrical component, LRU and system level
The successful EMC Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Career progression
- Health insurance coverage
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Sick and bereavement leave
- Free, on-site flu shots
- Free, confidential, on-site biometric health screenings
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the EMC Engineer will include:
- Leading the EMC work as Design authority on its Vehicle programme
- Responsibility for design sell-off internally and with the customer authority
What you need to be the successful EMC Engineer:
In order to be the successful EMC Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- A minimum of 5 years practical experience in an EMC Design and Integration technical authority role.
- Knowledge of EC Compliance regulations and of UK and US Military EMC procedures including Def-Stan 59-41/59-411, and MIL STD Screening Effectiveness method and test.
- Knowledge of ground based vehicle electronic systems EM integration, zone controls and hardened EM environment
- Relevant EM / TEMPEST management experience
- Understanding and experience of author and review of test procedures and hands on data analysis in a complex systems integration environment.
- Understanding and experience of test procedures and hands on data analysis in a complex systems integration environment.
- Core understanding of EMC/EMI at electrical component, LRU and system level
- Strong academic EMC/EMI knowledge or practical application of EMC/EMI knowledge.
- Proven experience of EMC/EMI fault finding and problem resolution at system level
- Proven experience of specifying EMC/EMI requirements at component and system level.
- Experience of producing best practice for EMI/EMC aspects
- Experience of producing related EMC/EMI policies, guides, requirements documentation.
- Knowledge of the design, development and validation cycles of product / systems
- Ability to understand risks, undertake and develop risk assessment protocols
- Be a team player
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a EMC Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!