|Location: Kent||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jamie Anscomb||Job Published: 18 days ago|
Enhanced Technician needed for a well-established, large Energy from Waste plant based in Kent. They are looking to employ an individual who has a strong knowledge within the Energy from Waste industry, strong leadership qualities and holds a relevant technical qualification such as a C&G / NVQ / ONC / HNC in an engineering discipline. The Enhanced Technician will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the site and supervising the shift teams. Will be a 24 hours shift rotation. Once fully competent as a technician the Enhanced Technician will be capable and required to upgrade to shift manager on a day to day basis when needed.
- Up to £50,000p/a dependent on experience + Package
- Pension Plan
- Shift Allowances
What the role entails:
Reporting to the Shift Manager, as the Enhanced Technician, you will be responsible for:
* Supporting shift team responsible for safe and efficient operation of the turbines, boilers, pumps and water treatment plant.
* Dealing with plant and equipment process changes to optimise conditions within health and safety and environmental compliance
* Carrying out routine testing of plant equipment and safety shutdown
* Providing technical supervision and assistance where necessary for company and contract staff engaged in work
* Diagnosing and rectifying plant faults
* Monitoring stock levels and dealing with quality systems on site
* Developing procedures and risk assessments within the IMS onsite
* Carrying out return to work discussions with team members returning from periods of absence
This is a great opportunity for a Senior Technician from a similar plant (energy from Waste, Coal, CCGT, Biomass, CHP or Nuclear) who is looking for a step up into a senior role, supervising and management. If interested please apply as soon as possible to ensure you do not miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.