|Location: Bristol, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Defence / Aerospace
Bristol / Farnborough
Environmental Manager required for a globally recognised defence and aerospace company based either in Bristol or Farnborough.
My client are looking for an Environmental Manager who has a strong understanding of UK environmental regulations and government policy. Ideally candidates also have an understanding of Environmental Management systems and ISO14001.
All candidates for this Environmental Manager position must be eligible for SC Clearance.
Benefits for Environmental Manager:
- Competitive pension
- Health care
- Dental care
- 25 days' holiday
- & many more!
Key Skills and Experience for Environmental Manager:
- Degree or Masters in an environmental subject.
- demonstration of a sound understanding of the UK environmental regulations and government policy pertaining to the management of facilities, products and services;
- fluency with Environmental Management Systems, particularly ISO 14001:2015
- ability to undertake aspect and impact assessments for a broad range of equipment and scenarios and maintain registers of legislation compliance
- knowledge and interest in a wide range of sustainability and environmental-related topics and can readily discuss their inter-relationship
- Understanding of trade-offs between environmental and other requirements
- Ability to write or provide input to compelling technical reports and customer outputs including collation of information from a wide range of sources
- Able to manage clients' needs in a confident, professional manner
- Flexibility to provide guidance to clients on a topics including legislation compliance, best practice and up and coming environmental issues such as single-use plastics
- Fluency with a wide range of environmental issues
- Have good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate issues and ideas effectively.
- Strong report writing, verbal and presentation skills.
- Additional skills in topics such as GIS, acoustic modelling, sustainable procurement, ecology, conservation are all desirable, but not essential.
- Knowledge of MOD environmental management tools
To apply for this Environmental Manager position, please press 'apply now'.