|Location: Wokingham, Berkshire||Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering, Highways & Highways Electricals, Utilities & Infrastructure, Rail & Infrastructure||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ashleigh Hicks||Job Published: 13 days ago|
Salary: £50k +
Benefits: Car/Car allowance, pension, healthcare, 24 days holiday
A new exciting opportunity to work for a main contractor within the highways industry.
Overall role purpose:
* Assist the business in achieving turnover and profitability through comprehensive pricing and successful winning of work.
* Carry out the Estimating function in line with Company Procedures and Policies, including assisting the bid management process of key tenders.
* Review and price tenders for Highway Term Maintenance contracts (£30m/annum) and scheme/projects to £5m including surfacing works for the company ensuring that all Estimating is carries out in line with company procedures and reports
* Attend and prepare reports for tender review meetings
* Assist with Commercial function of the business if required
* Accurate preparation of tenders for targeted capital projects and maintenance contracts
* Timely bid management of key tenders
* Completion of tender review for all estimates
* Completion of all relevant quality assurance requirement relating to Estimating
* Compiling material quotation enquiries and subsequent reconciliations
* Compiling Sub-Contract quotation enquiries and subsequent reconciliations
* Completion of tender handovers for contract awards
* Comparison of final contract cost to tender allowances
* Review and provide proposal for improved Purchasing
* Develop supply chain policy and philosophy with Business Manager
* Previous experience of Estimating similar works
* Ability to demonstrate a track record of winning profitable contracts
* Previous experience of handing over tenders
* Good presentation skills
* Team player and motivator
* Understanding of conditions of contract, specifications and drawings
* The ability to achieve tight deadlines under pressure
* Computer literate
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.