|Location: Chelmsford||Salary: Up to £32000 per annum + Other Benefits|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jordan Tozer|
Facilities Technician needed for a Manufacturer based in Chelmsford who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Facilities Technician that takes pride in their work undertaking tasks.
The successful candidate would have a relevant qualification within Engineering and have a keen interest in within the Facilities sector.
- Salary: £32,000
- 23 day's holiday + Bank Holiday's
- Fantastic business to work for
- Pension Plan + other benefits
- Lots of training available
What the role entails
- To provide strong, professional knowledge and technical ability to maintain the existing plant and equipment required for the needs of the business
- To maintain an effective facilities commitment by working a shift cover scheme for maintenance functions for out of hour tasks and breakdowns.
- To manage and control allocated Total Preventative Maintenance tasks on plant maximising utilisation ensuring any potential risks are identified, managed and proactively communicated to internal customers
- To ensure all statutory/legal maintenance tasks adhere to company procedures, policies and legal requirements at all times especially compliance to HSE governance and business ethical standards.
- To partake in the call out facility for total plant emergency and breakdown cover.
- To ensure controls/alarms/service agreements are maintained with subcontract suppliers ensuring adherence to agreed costs and compliance with company procedures.
- To ensure support and associated issues with plant are communicated to customers and other members of the facilities group
- To assist in the development of best practices within facilities by adopting new technology and seeking out and applying continuous improvement techniques
Experience and Qualifications Needed
- Minimum 5 years experience within a Facilities role is essential preferably within a manufacturing environment
- Experience with water systems, electrical distribution (415v and lower, 11kv knowledge advantageous), fire alarms, air-conditioning, control systems, BMS/Trend systems, process chillers, A/C systems.
- Electrical apprenticeship, City and Guild qualification and a minimum of NVQ (3) or equivalent in electrical / mechanical engineering is essential
- Experience in using Microsoft Excel, Word & Trend BMS
- Knowledge of and adherence to safe working practices in line with HSE policy, Risk Assessment and COSHH procedures
- Experience of SAP
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Facilities Technician to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.