|Location: Buckinghamshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Field Service Engineer
Field Service Engineer needed for a globally recognised defence organisation based in Buckinghamshire who are looking to employ an experienced Field Service Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of systems engineering practises and methodologies, through life engineering, expirience in customer facing situations, and the Defence Industry.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Field Service Engineer will include:
- Leading and executing the company's equipment activities, including; pre-installation surveys, equipment installations & removals and defect rectification work.
- Oversight and management of equipment fitting activities including close liaison/conflict management with staff and externally contracted companies.
- Conduct of System setting to work
- Presentation of equipment for Installation inspections, Harbour Acceptance, and Sea Acceptance trials
- Planning and [All] execution of sea going and land based trials
- Carrying out an Annual Maintenance/Health check
- Producing engineering reports
- Carry out attachment to overseas location for support to deployed MCMV on a four week rotation.
- Carry out attachment on-board Royal Fleet Auxiliary ships in support of MCMV operations for up to 4 weeks.
What you need to be the successful Field Service Engineer:
In order to be the successful Field Service Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- HNC/HND or equivalent in Engineering
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering best practices and common pitfalls.
- Knowledge of the Systems Engineering lifecycles.
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering methodologies , processes and tools
- Appreciation of electrical, electronic and mechanical engineering.
- Experience in electrical systems integration within the Naval Defence electronics / electrical industry.
- Experience of planning own work and working with limited supervision.
- Experience in supporting equipment both onsite and at Customer's premises.
- Involvement in testing activities for new equipment from the Systems Engineering Team and the ability to learn quickly the product.
- Capable of producing good comprehensive technical reports using MS Word and MS Excel.
- Able to apply design changes to electrical/electronic systems, following design change processes.
- Able to diagnose and correct electrical and electronic faults.
- Ability to work alongside Customers and communicate back to the project.
- Must be able to work as a member of a multidiscipline engineering team.
- Self-motivated with the ability to define and achieve goals.
- Team player with the flexibility to cross boundaries if required.
- Good communications skills (verbal and written). In particular, ability to write clear concise reports and modification proposals.
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Field Service Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
All applicatants going forward for the Field Service Engineer role must be eligible for security clearance up to SC level.