|Location: Buckinghamshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence, Electronics||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Field Service Engineer
Field Service Engineer needed for a multinational Defence and Electronics organisation based in Buckinghamshire who are looking to employ an experienced Field Service Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of fault-finding processes and root cause analysis, producing technical reports on fault investigations and the Maritime/Defence Industry.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Field Service Engineer will include:
- Developing and undertaking fault finding processes and conducting root cause analysis for the company's products.
- Working collaboratively with design teams to develop integration plans, then integrating equipment onto platforms and conducting Factory, Site and Harbour acceptance trials.
- Advising the customer, and the company's Field Support Engineers, on the resolution of technical issues and queries.
- Responding to fault reports raised by the customer and putting in place a plan of action to return customer equipment to service within contractually agreed timescales.
- Enacting programmes of inspection and preventative maintenance to ensure that equipment remains safe and suitable for continued service with the deployed customer base.
- Interfacing with the users and customers to gather feedback and implement product improvements.
What you need to be the successful Field Service Engineer:
In order to be the successful Field Service Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Positive and constructive attitude, able to act as an ambassador for the company.
- Proactive approach to resolving issues and delivering results.
- Able to strike a balance between the business and the customer's needs and identify win-wins to ensure mutually agreeable outcomes.
- Good presentation and communication skills for customer facing activities.
- Eligible for security clearance to a minimum of Security Check (SC) level with no caveats. This role is only open to UK sole nationals due to the security restrictions of the projects involved.
- Full driving license. This role is office-based with regular travel to the company sites (Buckinghamshire, Middlesex, Dorset) and customer sites (primarily Portsmouth, Plymouth and Faslane with occasional overseas travel) as required by project demands.
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Field Service Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that all applicants moving forward for the Field Service Engineer position must have obtained or be eligible for security clearance up to SC level.