|Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire||Salary: £25000 - £40000 per annum + Additional Benifits|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ben Abbott|
Field Service Engineer
Gold Group Ltd
I have an exciting opportunity for an outgoing Field Service Engineer to join a leading global defence and aerospace company. The Field Service Engineer will be working within the aviation sector testing and maintaining cockpit software and electronics. The ideal Field Service Engineer will be happy to travel at short notice around the UK to client sites with possibility of travel to Europe & US.
The successful Field Service Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Competitive salary
* Contributed Pension
* 25 days holiday
* 9 day fortnight (Friday off every 2 weeks)
* International travel
Some of the main duties of the Field Service Engineer will include:
* Conduct technical analysis of product implementations, modifications and enhancements.
* Maintain current software and keep it up to date
* Visit client sites
* Test cockpit electronics
* Configure reports and participate in weekly teleconference calls to other Filed Service Engineers and functional management abroad (US).
* "Maintenance of logbooks" for each test station, to include all scheduled/unscheduled maintenance and failure data, as well as, system hardware and software configuration changes made to the system.
* Use Automated Depot Information System (ADIS) to order, receive, and ship LM-STAR assets to and from the Depot in Orlando, Florida, USA ensuring compliance with both LM and customer site policies.
What you need to be the successful Field Service Engineer:
In order to be the successful Field Service Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Electronics OR Electrical Engineering experience
* Proficient computer skills, particularly with troubleshooting computer hardware and software rebuild procedures.
* Automated test equipment/test integration experience
* Aviation experience (aircraft, helicopter or military vehicles)
* Military background (beneficial)
* A 'self-managed' approach, as all work will be undertaken at individual customer sites
* Able to travel, often at short notice
MUST BE ELIGIBLE FOR SECURITY CLEARENCE (sc)
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Field Service Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.