|Location: Gloucester, Gloucestershire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Engineering - Information Assurance
Firmware Engineer required for my client, a globally recognised engineering company within the defence / technology sector.
As a Firmware Engineer you will be responsible for FPGA design and implementation of complex functions and algorithms within a multi-disciplines team, working on cutting edge information assurance technology.
Ideally candidates for this Firmware Engineer role will be fully proficient in the full life cycle of Firmware development using VHDL, as well as having experience using FPGA toolchains, ideally targeting Xilinx parts.
Candidates must be eligible for SC clearance.
Benefits for this position:
- Health care
- Dental care
- Competitive pension plan
- Subsidised canteen & gym
- & many more
Key Responsibilities for this Firmware Engineer position:
- Carry out firmware design and development in VHDL, targeting the FPGA elements of complex real-time embedded systems
- Develop appropriate firmware architectural solutions to efficiently meet the requirements of complex communication systems.
- Author high quality firmware requirements based on user needs and system artefacts to enable effective development and testing.
- Work within multidisciplinary teams during integration to de-bug and test Firmware on hardware platforms.
- Produce high quality design, development and implementation documentation including specifications, reports and proposals to support the objectives of the business.
Skills and experience required for Firmware Engineer:
- Fully Proficient in the full life cycle of Firmware development using VHDL.
- Experience using FPGA toolchains, ideally targeting Xilinx parts.
- Proficient in Verification, Integration, Test, Validation & Verification.
- Proficient in the use of industry standard communications protocols associated with communication interfaces (UARTs, USARTs, SPI, I2C, TCP/IP, UDP)
To apply for this exciting permanent opportunity for a Firmware / FPGA Engineer please press 'apply now'.