|Location: Gloucestershire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Jeremy Farley|
Job Title: Firmware Engineer
Location: Gloucestershire OR Middlesex
Day Rate: Dependent Upon Experience
Key Skills: Firmware, Engineering, Communications, Defence, Aerospace, FPGA, VHDL, Lifecycle, Quality, Design, Development, Test, Reports, Proposals, Xilinx, I2C, UDP, Verification, Validation, DOORS, DO-254
An experienced Firmware Engineer is required to play a key role as part of a dynamic team to work on FPGA Design and the implementation of complex functions and algorithms for an array of communication products. We are looking for someone who has strong experience in the full life cycle of Firmware development using VHDL; someone who applies and adapts a variety of engineering methods and techniques as necessary when creating solutions and someone who has experience using FPGA toolchains.
So, what will you be doing as a Firmware Engineer?
- Carry out firmware design and development in VHDL, targeting the FPGA elements of complex real-time embedded systems.
- Develop appropriate firmware architectural solutions to efficiently meet the requirements of complex communication systems.
- Author high quality firmware requirements based on user needs and system artefacts to enable effective development and testing.
- Work within multidisciplinary teams during integration to de-bug and test Firmware on hardware platforms.
- Produce high quality design, development and implementation documentation including specifications, reports and proposals to support the objectives of the business.
- Follow development processes, while being able to appropriately question and suggest change in support of continuous improvement.
- Perform duties according to the security manual to ensure that information is handled in line with government guidelines.
What are we looking for in our next Firmware Engineer?
- Fully Proficient in the full life cycle of Firmware development using VHDL.
- Applies and adapts a variety of engineering methods and techniques as necessary when creating solutions.
- Experience using FPGA toolchains, ideally targeting Xilinx parts.
- Proficient in Verification, Integration, Test, Validation & Verification.
- Proficient in the use of industry standard communications protocols
- associated with communication interfaces (UARTs, USARTs, SPI, I2C, TCP/IP, UDP).
- Experience in Digital Electronics and Digital Logic Design. Experience in developing military equipment.
- Experience in developing UK High Grade Cryptographic products.
- Experience using DOORS.
- Experience designing to meet DO-254.
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills and desire to provide passion and drive as the next Firmware Engineer, this is the opportunity for you!
So, if you are interested in joining a well-established, renowned, globally recognised organisation working with experts in their field as the next Firmware Engineer, hit that apply button now!
Security Clearance (SC) or eligibility to gain is required to be considered for this vacancy
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.