|Location: Staffordshire||Salary: £35000 - £65000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits|
|Sector: Electronics, Defence, Engineering, Technology||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
£35,000 - £65,000 + Benefits
Derby / Birmingham / Nottingham area
We have a great opportunity for FPGA Engineers of all levels to specify, design, implement and verify solutions to some of the UK's most challenging and interesting engineering programmes.
We are open to people from recent graduates upwards, if you are a recent grad you will have studied digital design as part of a relevant, accredited degree course (eg Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Control Systems Engineering, Communications Engineering, Computer Science), ideally covering VHDL.
More experienced candidates will have experience of VHDL coding, designing FPGAs and verifying their performance (self-checking testbenches/IV&V). Experience with flash-based FPGAs (eg Actel/Microsemi ProASIC3) and Questa Sim or ModelSim would be highly advantageous.
You will play a key role in a team delivering some of our largest programmes of work in support of our clients in the UK's national infrastructure and national security. You will have excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
- You will have a good degree or HND in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or other related discipline.
- An appreciation of FPGA concepts and hardware design.
- Experience of VHDL.
- An aptitude for, or experience of building client relationships.
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
- Experience with flash-based FPGAs (eg Actel/Microsemi ProASIC3).
- Experience with Questa Sim or ModelSim.
- An appreciation of, or experience in safety critical systems.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.