|Location: London||Salary: + Package|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jeremy Farley||Job Published: 22 days ago|
Job Title: Hardware Engineer
Location: West London/Middlesex
Salary: £DOE + Package
Key Skills: Hardware, Analogue, Digital, Electronics, Hardware, Engineering, Design, Test, Circuit Design, Electrical, SMPS, Power Supplies, PCB, EMC, TEMPEST, Schematic Capture, Prototyping
An experienced Hardware Engineer is required to play a key role in being responsible for research, design and development of digital and analogue electronics within the hardware engineering team working on an array of projects.
Working from site, this is a truly fantastic opportunity for the right person. If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please read on!
So, what will you be doing as a Hardware Engineer?
- Specify, design and prove/verify digital and analogue electronic hardware in order to deliver high quality electronic hardware that meets the requirements in a timely manner and within budget.
- Perform design calculations and carry out simulations using industry standard tools, and prototype as required, in order to estimate performance, identify high-risk areas and ensure high quality designs that require minimal re-design.
- Develop and test/verify electronic hardware according to the hardware development process.
- Estimate time and effort required for electronic hardware activities and deliver to these time and effort estimates to ensure cost and schedule adherence.
- Provide technical direction and exert technical influence across multiple projects, such that the optimal approach, architecture and design are selected.
- Work with production test to ensure designs are suitable for volume production. Also support production to assist them with the rapid debugging and resolution of electronic hardware issues encountered in order to minimise production delays.
What are we looking for in our next Hardware Engineer?
- Degree educated in an Electrical or Electronic Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience of one or more of the following;
- Experience of high-speed digital designs that include processors and programmable devices
- Experience of analogue circuit design and switched-mode power supply design
- Able to design reliable power supplies that meet requirements and analyse against all input and output conditions across temperature, and estimate performance accurately.
- Competent with schematic capture tools and understands how to constrain layout using rules/classes/groups.
- Must have developed large, complex designs requiring multi-layer PCBs (and PCB stack-up design).
- Appreciation of design and test for EMC and TEMPEST (preferred).
- Used DOORS, PADS and/or PSpice (advantageous).
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills and desire to provide passion and drive as the next Hardware Engineer, this is the opportunity for you!
So, if you are interested in joining a well-established, renowned, globally recognised organisation working with experts in their field as the next Hardware Engineer, hit that apply button now!
Security Clearance (SC) or eligibility to gain is required to be considered for this vacancy
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.