|Location: West London||Salary: Package|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jeremy Farley||Job Published: 11 days ago|
Job Title: Head of Commercial
Location: West London
Salary: Dependent on Experience + Package
Key Skills: Commercial, Contracts, Bids, Proposals, Engineering, Defence, MoD, Risk, Tender, Customers, Clients, Supply Chain, Negotiation, Stakeholder Management
An experienced Head of Commercial is required to play a key role in leading the commercial management team and to provide a professional commercial management function for contracts across all Business Units, from receipt of enquiry until receipt of payment. You will also be used to managing multiple contracts and relationships, ranging from multi-year, multi- million-pound development or service contracts, to sale of products, spares and support.
Working from site, this is a truly fantastic opportunity for the right person. If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please read on!
So, what will you be doing as a Head of Commercial?
- Providing professional and accurate commercial input for major tenders, preparing quotations, preparation and negotiation of contracts and contractual agreements to ensure that commercial risks are identified and managed.
- Evaluating customer enquiries and Invitations to tender, identifying commercial requirements, preparing and publishing responses in order to gain approval for submission of responses in line with the Delegated Authority process.
- Approving accurate contract documentation and agreements (joint venture, partnership, confidentiality, consultancy, etc.) in a timely manner to meet business needs
- Negotiating and finalizing contracts with UK/overseas commercial customers and with UK Ministry of Defence (MOD).
- Providing clear guidance on the flow-down of contract conditions to sub-contractors in order to support the Procurement function to mitigate commercial business risk
- Advising Programme Managers on all contractual aspects to deliver programmes in a cost-effective manner.
- Identifying and managing/mitigating commercial risks through appropriate mechanisms and proactive contract management.
What are we looking for in our next Head of Commercial?
- Have extensive experience at senior level in contract negotiation and the commercial management of supply contracts, post design services, integrated logistics support and installation for both UK and overseas customers.
- Have extensive experience of reviewing, analysing and modifying Terms & Conditions for Sale or Purchase, including identification of commercial risk within terms and identifying, implementing mitigation strategies.
- Have significant experience of building relationships with customers, partners and other stakeholders, and all levels of the business.
- Working knowledge of the financial implications of Proposals & Contracts; Payments Terms, Payments Plans, cash flow and export finance.
- Experience of working in the defence sector and with UK MoD.
- Proficient in the use of office software; word processing, spreadsheets, ERP/Contract administration, Project Planning,
- Working knowledge of import and export controls and procedures desirable
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills and desire to provide passion and drive as the next Head of Commercial, this is the opportunity for you!
So, if you are interested in joining a well-established, renowned, globally recognised organisation working with experts in their field as the next Head of Commercial, hit that apply button now!
Security Clearance (SC) or eligibility to gain is required to be considered for this vacancy
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.