|Location: Portsmouth||Salary: TBC ON APPLICATION|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jack Pleon||Job Published: 17 days ago|
Head of Engineering & Technology for Radar
Would you like to play a key leadership role responsible for ensuring technical excellence within our Radar product and project portfolio? We currently have a vacancy for a Head of Engineering & Technology for Radar with our Maritime Services business.
As a Head of Engineering & Technology for Radar, you will be responsible for leading the engineering assurance and governance across the Radar projects, delivering engineering excellence within the business context. You will be responsible for leading the product investment planning and delivery, driving innovation for strategic growth.
You will be part of the Radar first line leadership team and overall functional team. This highly visible role will provide you with a unique opportunity to work across complex radar products, helping to define and support the strategic growth objectives of the Radar and wider Maritime Services business.
- Providing engineering leadership and expertise to the radar engineers and technologists
- Leading and delivering the technology roadmaps for the sector
- Leading Engineering Governance and operational assurance for the Radar products and projects
- Providing oversight and assuring engineering delivery such as approving engineering plans, authorising engineering estimates
- Working in liaison with functional teams to ensure provision of the right people, processes and tools to support the strategic plans
- Providing engineering expertise and consultancy in the wider community
- Degree in STEM subject or equivalent qualification or experience
- Understanding of engineering principles, concepts, systems, theories and practices applied to radar systems
- Experience of leading products through the full life cycle of bid, design, manufacturing, and support
- Demonstrable experience in an engineering leadership role
- Willingness to travel to other sites when required
- Chartered Engineer and Membership of a relevant professional institution
- Knowledge of Product Safety Engineering principles and management and an understanding of the legal and regulatory environment into which products are placed
- Experience in wider industry engineering partnerships and collaborations
What we're looking for in you:
You will have excellent communication skills with an ability to engage, manage and influence a broad range of stakeholders. You will have the ability to lead, will be collaborative in your approach in order to build positive, effective and trusted relationships within a multi-disciplinary environment, mentoring key talent within the team. You will also be confident in challenging and influencing when required, confident in overseeing and making decisions of significant business impact based on evidence and analysis of the facts.
Please note that eligibility for UK security clearance up to SC level is required for the Head of Engineering & Technology for Radar position.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.