|Location: Northolt, London||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Head of Systems
Defence / Electronics Engineering
My client, a globally recognised defence / electronics company, based in Northolt, are looking for a Head of Systems, to provide technical leadership and line & resource management of a Systems Engineering and Systems Test team of ~25 engineers, delivering multiple concurrent research, development and production programmes ranging from tens of £k to several £m.
On offer is a highly competitive salary for this Head of Systems position, as well as a benefits package, detailed below.
Benefits for Head of Systems:
- Flexible working hours
- Early finish on Friday
- Health care
- Dental care
- Matched 5% pension
- Subsidised gym & canteen
- & many more!
Key Responsibilities for Head of Systems:
- Develop, train, mentor and lead a team of professional Systems and Systems Test Engineers in order to provide a capable and multi-skilled team.
- Recruitment of team members to meet project and business resource profiles; identifies performance shortfalls and manages team performance as required.
- Provide technical direction and exert technical influence across multiple projects, such that the optimal approach, architecture, design, and toolchain are selected.
- The design, development and delivery of high quality Systems Engineering and Systems Test artefacts for multiple projects, in accordance with project and company process, and project schedules, to ensure the delivery of products that meet their requirements.
- Providing Systems Engineering and Systems Test input into internal and customer design reviews to ensure a successful outcome.
- Work closely with the system, firmware and software architects to ensure consistency, design for modularity and re-use, and technical excellence.
- Ensure that the process captured in the Business Management System is actively maintained, reflects best practice, and that the project and company Requirements Management Plans, Systems Engineering Management Plans and Configuration Management Plans are adhered to, in order to achieve successful audits.
- Generate and review technical proposals, and provide estimates for the associated effort, costs and risks, for bids and proposals, leading to contract awards.
- Work closely with project management and engineering project leads to create proposals that drive down project costs and increase margin.
Knowledge skills and experience required for Head of Systems:
- Previous experience of line management, resource management and identifying and implementing process improvements.
- Significant experience and a full understanding of Systems Engineering, the V-Model and associated processes/lifecycles.
- Significant experience of developing requirements and establishing a compliant systems design.
- Experience in writing high quality technical documentation and the formal technical review of such material.
- Experience working as a technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) and developing new areas of expertise as and when required.
- Advanced knowledge of System Engineering practices, methodologies, processes, techniques and technology trends.
- Experience of DOORS, UML, SEBoK, Enterprise Architect and SysML.
- Experience of hands-on development of either hardware, software or firmware development, particularly in an embedded environment.
- Degree in an engineering, mathematical or science-based subject desirable.
To apply for this exciting permanent opportunity for a Head of Systems, please press 'apply now'.