|Location: Portsmouth||Salary: £40000 - £47000 per annum + + benefits|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Nick Taylor|
Portsmouth -Hybrid Working
£40,000 - £47,000+ Depending on experience
Infrastructure Engineer needed for a leading defence and security organisation with offices in the Portsmouth area who are looking to employ a number of experienced and well-rounded Infrastructure Engineers that takes pride in their work.
As an Infrastructure Engineer you will be focused on virtualisation, network and infrastructure design and implementation, while designing, building and implementing varied IT Infrastructure solutions.
This role is currently operating on a remote working basis, with visits to the office on occasion depending on project/business requirements.
What the role of the Infrastructure Engineer entails:
Some of the main duties of the Infrastructure Engineer will include:
- Articulating, designing and documenting project IT infrastructure and project network solutions for signoff by the training systems System Design Authorities
- Undertaking detailed functional solution design, implementing and testing solutions to ensure they are fit for hand over to the rest of the Project Team for integration
- Providing evidence to support requirements validation
- Providing Virtualisation and Infrastructure design support to sub-surface training system projects
- Collaborating with other systems/design engineers in the project team(s) to ensure that solutions are optimal for project requirements and compatible with required timescales and available budgets
- Supporting project installations at customer and/or third-party sites as required
- Ensuring that all deployed virtualisation and infrastructure solution designs are documented to ensure through-life supportability
- Ensuring adequate backups of the project-owned IT systems are maintained and verified
- Assist in the production of virtualisation & infrastructure estimates for bids and/or tasks
What experience you need to be the successful Infrastructure Engineer:
- Experience of IT networking and design of networks, including virtualised networks and subnets, switching and routing.
- Experience of designing IT systems to meet the required performance (especially VMWare)
- Knowledge and experience with hardware, and interface standards, including networks, switch and router configuration, and WAN protocols
- Knowledge of installation principles and or standards to meet security requirements
- Knowledge of implementing solutions both in Windows and Linux based systems.
- Knowledge of management of deployed systems, security, account management and automated software deployment
- Experience writing quality design documentation
In order to be eligible for this role you will need to undergo Security Clearance Background Checks that require you to be a UK resident and UK passport holder.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Infrastructure Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.