|Location: Suffolk, England||Salary: £32000 - £38000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Gautam Raval|
My client based in Suffolk are recruiting for an IT Engineer who is techincally sound with VMWare / Citrix.
IT Engineer Benefits
- Private medical cover
- Pension matching scheme
- Discount on selected retailers and gyms
- Voluntary benefits such as; cycle to work, child care vouchers
IT Engineer Responsibilities
- Assisting in providing support when request volumes are high.
- Perform root cause analysis on recurring and major Incidents monitoring reoccurrence and providing permanent resolutions
- Assist in software releases and rollouts according to change management best practises.
- Maintain incidents and requests assigned within SLA.
- Research solutions through internal and external knowledge base as needed.
- Liaise with business, vendors and other IT personnel for incident resolution
- Escalate incidents with accurate documentation to suitable technical expert or vendor, when required.
- Record, track, and document the incident-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Provide suggestions for continual improvement.
- Analysis of recurring events to enable proactive prevention of incidents.
- Analysis of performance and capacity trends to provide proactive prevention of incidents.
IT Engineer Skills & Experiences
- Advanced VMware ESXi server
- Advanced VMware Virtual Center
- Advanced Windows File server
- Advanced Windows Hyper-V
- Intermediate Microsoft Azure
- Intermediate HP Server Hardware
Some or all of the below:
- Citrix XenApp
- Active Directory Domain Services
- Office 365 administration
- SCCM administration
- SolarWinds administration
- Exchange Online administration
- SQL administration
- Networking including firewall and VPN
- IT Security