|Location: Bristol, Bristol, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms, Defence, Engineering, Technology||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 19 days ago|
IT Project Manager
UK Passport Holders required due to the defence industry nature of this work.
The role of the IT Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
The Project Manager will also define the project's objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
Projects cover a broad spectrum - some are of a technical nature, such as fitting out new office buildings with IT provision, managing the establishment of new data centres and server rooms. Other projects include the implementation of software solutions as well as the introduction of new IT systems.
A demonstrable track record of delivering both hardware and software IT projects is required. As these projects are being deployed within an organisation that operates within the Defence sector, a working knowledge of the project management methodologies utilised in this sector would be highly advantageous.
The job holder must not be constrained by a rigid job specification and be willing to pick up additional duties as necessary. They must be enthusiastic and "hands on" in their approach and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. They must be comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels within the organization and be confident representing the client to external clients and partners.
* Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
* Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
* Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents, and feed project plans up to an over-arching programme plan.
* Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
* Dealing directly with technical functions, for example; Cloud Operations and Architecture, Software Development, Connectivity and Networking.
* Identify and manage risks, issues and conflicts to ensure effective resolution.
* Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
* Estimate the resources, determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants.
* Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
* Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
* Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations. Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
* Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
* Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
* Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
* Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
* Extensive Project Management experience; ideally holding a recognised project management accreditation e.g. PRINCE 2, PMI/PMP, APMP
* Highly competent in using MS Project & the MS Office products in general.
* Demonstrable experience of working with staff at all levels
* Demonstrable experience of delivering £1m+ IT projects; this could be cloud, on-prem infrastructure, software implementation, software dev, etc.
* Experience of managing 3rd party suppliers and internal technical teams.
* Exposure to the full project life cycle - Waterfall & Agile Methodologies.
* ITIL knowledge would be advantageous
* A background of working within corporate environments, ideally with global coverage.
* Experience of MS Project Server or similar tools would be advantageous
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.