|Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Aaron Stone||Job Published: 20 days ago|
IT Support Technician
IT Support Technician needed for a multinational defence and electronics organisation based in Cambridgeshire who are looking to employ an experienced IT Support Technician with an in-depth knowledge of network and PC hardware, networking principals, including TCP/IPC, and hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the IT Support Technician will include:
Strategy & Planning
- Assist in capacity planning for meeting future desktop hardware needs.
- Accurately document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Support development and implementation of new computer projects and new hardware installations.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of hardware and equipment contracts and supervise contract-based installations
Acquisition & Deployment
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Define technical specifications for purchase of PCs, networking hardware and related products.
- Work with end users to deliver required PC service levels.
- Liaise with, and provide training and support to, end users and staff on computer operations and other issues
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user workstation hardware, networked peripheral devices, and networking hardware products.
- Where required, install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot associated end user workstation software and networking software products.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex PC problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware solutions, including off-site repair as needed.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, and/or e-mails, Service Desk Tickets regarding PC and/or hardware problems.
- Maintain inventory of all IT Assets.
- Monitor and test PC performance and provide PC performance statistics and reports.
- Construct, install, and test customized configurations based on various platforms and operating systems.
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.
- Ensure that Client-side Endpoint protection is active and applied to all workstations at all times.
- Ensure that Client-side patching is active and up to date across all workstations at all times.
What you need to be the successful IT Support Technician:
In order to be the successful IT Support Technician and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Good technical knowledge of network and PC hardware.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 2013/2016
- Good understanding of Microsoft computer Operating Systems
- Good understanding of networking principals, including TCP/IP.
- Working technical knowledge of current network protocols, & operating systems.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required.
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a IT Support Technician to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!