|Location: West Sussex, England||Salary: £40 - £55 per hour|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Medical Devices, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Beth Currid|
Contract Mechanical Engineer
£40 - £55 per hour
12 Months - Outside IR35
We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join a world-renowned organisation who develop and manufacture oncology products on a contract basis. Mechanical Engineers are responsible for the mechanical design and development of both existing and new medical devices.
It is desirable for the successful candidate to have the relevant degree in Mechanical Engineering or another relevant Engineering or Scientific discipline and have a keen interest in being a Mechanical Engineer. If you have previous commercial experience as a Mechanical Engineer that would be a plus!
Some of the main duties of the Mechanical Engineer will include:
- Provide high quality and imaginative technical solutions to project requirements.
- Contribute in SAFe Agile Planning events and form part of an Agile scrum-team.
- Ensure own designs meet all relevant safety and regulatory requirements and are formally verified to meet these and other specifications.
- Support the wider engineering team to ensure engineering deliverables meet required specifications within timescales and budgets.
- Mentor and support professional development of developing Engineers.
- Approval of safe and compliant designs and drawings
- Approval of product structures/ BoMs
- Approval of Engineering plans
What experience you need to be the successful Mechanical Engineer:
- Educated to Bachelors or Masters degree level in a relevant Engineering or Scientific discipline.
- Chartered, or working towards, status or equivalent.
- Able to manage and prioritise work load.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.