|Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire||Salary: £18 - £20 per hour|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Jack Pleon||Job Published: 28 days ago|
My Client is looking for an Mechanical Fitter to join them at their Bedfordshire location. As the company looks to grow its UK business over the next five years, it sees new opportunities to partner with the UK government to meet the country's global defence and security needs. This is a 3-6 month contract with the potential to be extended.
Week 1 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri 8.30am - 4.00pm
Week 2 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri Day off
Lunch break 30 mins each day
My client has become known as a leading UK defence engineering company, delivering on a broad range of contracts for the MoD, prime contractors across the wider UK market and international defence ministries.
Specific Job Description
Competent technician capable of electrical and mechanical assembly and integration of complex systems working from drawings and engineering instruction. Competent and safe use of all hand and air tools. Hand and Mag Drill techniques. Use of Jigs, fixtures and measuring tools on precision assemblies Problem solver with a positive attitude. Working with support from engineering group a methodical and precise approach to ensure successful completion of production tasks on high value hardware.
- A comprehensive range of assembly and fitting skills with previous experience in similar roles.
- Ability to interpret drawings and work from written instructions with limited supervision.
- Ability to use hand tools and measuring equipment with high accuracy.
- Either recognised apprenticeship in mechanical assembly or equivalent or through work experience gained on the job.
- Cleanliness and housekeeping (5S) methodology.
- A high level of health and safety awareness
- Previous experience working on armoured fighting vehicles with electrical and mechanical bias
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC)
Click apply now to be considered!