|Location: Bristol||Salary: £40000 - £65000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits|
|Sector: Nuclear, Safety||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 24 days ago|
Nuclear Safety Engineer
Bristol, Gloucester, Glasgow, Burton, Dorking, Warrington
£40,000 - £65,000 + Bonus and Benefits.
Our successful and well-known client manages and delivers large engineering frameworks and projects that make a significant difference in the engineering world.
Working within their Nuclear Safety team, you will be working on a wide variety of projects that ensure the safe operation of important nuclear systems.
You will be involved in the full design life-cycle of some fantastic projects, providing nuclear safety advice and developing practical solutions to engineering problems for multiple clients. By joining a growing business, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the success and develop long term relationships with clients in the nuclear industry and develop your career at the same time.
In this position you will provide nuclear safety advice to the design, operation and defueling of nuclear facilities. In addition, this will involve the development and production of nuclear safety documentation to ensure that licensees satisfy their nuclear site licence conditions. You will liaise and work with operators, designers, key SQEPs, other customers, and technical experts internally, building strong working relationships.
Another key aspect of the role at Senior level will involve working on proposals to generate and deliver business with new and existing clients.
Background experience required (some or all of the items below):
- Hazard / fault identification methods, e.g. HAZOP, FMEA;
- Deterministic Safety Assessment
- External Hazard Assessment
- Structural Integrity Safety Case
- Probabilistic Safety Assessment
- Safety Case Preparation (EC, PoP, JCO, PCSR, etc.)
- EC production (Cat 1 and 2)
- Engineering Substantiation
- Fault Studies
- Design Authority / Engineering Technical Reports and Advice Notes
- Nuclear Safety Legislation, Regulation and Policy
- AGR, PWR and BWR Technical Specifications and Procedures
- Degree educated in a Science, Technology or Engineering discipline;
- Enthusiastic about their ongoing professional development
- Confident communicator
- Motivated and naturally accepts responsibility for delivery to meet time, cost and quality expectations
- Team player
- Able to demonstrate application of good engineering judgement
- Previous track record of delivering technically challenging projects;
- Background in nuclear safety assurance and hazard analysis or a desire to develop these skills from a sound basis be able to produce and review technical reports that are of a high quality
We provide our people with an excellent benefits package that comprises:
- Flexible Working
- Competitive salary
- 25 days' holiday entitlement
- Holiday sale and purchase scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Targeted professional development
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare membership
- Bonus scheme linked into company performance
- Paid membership fees to a professional institution
- Support in attaining professional membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Share purchase scheme
- Season rail ticket loan
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.