|Location: Wimborne, Dorset||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence, Nuclear||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: April Burton|
Competitive annual salary
Project Engineer needed for an exciting opportunity on behalf of my client, a leading Electronics Engineering company who provides electronic products for the military in Wimborne, Dorset.
The candidate must be eligible for Security Clearance (hold a British passport only).
Benefits for the Project Engineer:
My client offers a competitive salary, brilliant benefits and fantastic career progression.
Purpose of the Project Engineer:
The Project Engineer is responsible for managing the prototype development activities for In-Core Instrumentation within Small Modular Reactor (SMR) projects.
They are also responsible for the management, performance and reporting of all allocated projects and tasks, including customer relationships, quality, profitability, cash flow and adherence to program. The Project Engineer leads a team consisting of business unit resources.
Some of the main duties the Project Engineer will include:
- Achieving customer satisfaction through an understanding of their needs and drivers.
- Working with Business Development in the establishment and improvement of customer relationships and supporting new business
- Delivering services to the right quality on time
- Delivering project financial performance that matches or exceeds budget
- Identification and management of project risk and issues
- Identification for opportunities to expand business areas, through project scope increases
- Understanding and reporting project performance
What you need to be the successful Project Engineer:
- Project management experience within a regulated industry
- demonstrable experience underpinned with a recognised qualification is acceptable
- Technical experience within a regulated industry
- Experience of administering project schedules, updating plans, risk register maintenance with a sound understanding of financial control procedures within a project monthly cycle.
- Ability to lead, direct and manage multi-functional project teams
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities and make decisions
- Good oral and written communication
- Engineering experience with an understanding of commercial practices is desirable
- Technical degree is preferred
- Ideally Prince 2 or APM
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Project Engineer to progress their career within the engineering industry.
You do not want to miss out so please apply asap as this vacancy will be filled quickly!
Competitive annual salary
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.