|Location: Southampton, Hampshire||Salary: £30000 - £34000 per annum + benefits package|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Project Engineer required for one of the world leading and most successful defence and aerospace organisations, based in Southampton. My client are looking for someone to join their team as a Project Engineer, working on delivering large scale engineering projects to a high quality standard.
They are looking for people with experience of working within Project Engineering within either an aerospace or electronic environment. Ideally candidates will also have some experience of IT including Microsoft Office and Microsoft Visual.
This is a fantastic permanent opportunity for someone looking to progress their career with a global leader, the position will offer a wealth of training and development!
On offer is a highly competitive salary of £30,000 - £34,000 dependant on prior experience.
All applicants for this Project Engineer position must be eligible for SC level Security Clearance.
- Matched 5% pension
- 25 days' holiday
- Flexible working hours
- Private medical insurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work schemes
- Dental insurance
- Critical illness cover
- Manage key project & service issues as directed by the Line Manager to ensure successful outcomes.
- Support the Service department to deliver projects to time cost and quality.
- Support the acceptance testing of customer systems.
- Assist the service team in the management of suppliers.
- Take direction from the Project Managers and team leaders to meet the company needs.
- Management of helpdesk call and customer returns processes.
- Assist the Service team in reporting to the client to ensure clear communications are maintained.
- Adherence to change control processes to ensure project configuration management is maintained at all times.
- Liaise with and manage sub-contractors to ensure the necessary work is completed and the best results are achieved.
- Follow best practice guidelines at all times when completing assigned tasks
- Adhere to all H&S related legislation.
Knowledge, skills and experience for Trainee Project Engineer position:
- Good PC and networking knowledge.
- AutoCAD skills.
- Microsoft Office Competent
- HNC Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- Network+ / A+ Certification
- Ability to obtain SC Clearance
ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE BRITISH CITIZENS, AND ELIGIBLE FOR SC CLEARANCE.
To apply for this exciting Trainee Project Engineer position, please press 'apply now'.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.