|Location: Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Joe Tomkins||Job Published: 22 days ago|
6 month contract
My client are looking for a Project Manager on an initial 6 month contract, with the potential to go permanent. They are one of the UKs leading companies within satellite/data communications within the defence/aerospace industry.
Ideally candidates will be Prince 2/APMP qualified, and have a strong and varied background within scheduling/budgeting/cost management within a multi-disciplined Project structure.
All applicants for this Project Manager position must be eligible for Security Clearance.
Key Responsibilities for Project Manager:
- Managing projects to meet the required financial and project constraints.
- Establishing, controlling and reporting project schedule & costs against an overall WBS & budget.
- Achieving acceptance of all elements of projects to schedule and cost.
- Accurately forecasting project cost, cash & resource demands
- Establishing and maintaining project metrics to measure and report progress.
- Effectively communicating with all project stakeholders to build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships.
- Effectively managing project issues, risk & opportunities, data, and action logs, including item closure.
- Managing subcontractors to deliver requirements on time and to budget.
- Planning and conducting effective internal, customer and sub-contractor progress reviews.
- Preparing customer & internal progress reports in an agreed format.
- Establishing and implementing Project Management Plans (including all sub-ordinate plans), to provide planning basis for the team and customers.
- Ensuring that projects comply with the the Company directives and relevant security requirements.
- Managing security of information as defined in the Security manual.
Knowledge skills and experience needed:
- Proven experience in project management, specifically in setting up, running and successfully delivering projects, ideally in a satellite or engineering/aerospace industry.
- Ability to successfully manage and deliver multi-disciplined projects in a matrix structure.
- Experience of working with overseas customers, specifically North America.
- Experience of MS Office including MS Project.
- A strong and varied background in scheduling/budgeting/cost management with proven commercial/technical astuteness and demonstrable good judgment.
To apply for this exciting 6 month contract position please press 'apply now'.